Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Warning: Very Nerdy Post


My latest obsession is biomimics (sorry I did warn you...) to the point that I'm ordering this book and this one online because they don't carry them at the library. It's so lame, I know but ever since I read about biomimicry I was hooked and am reading as much as I can about it. It led to biotechnology and bioinformatics where taking cues from nature to solve every day problems. It's so awesome! Just think where the technology could take us..

And since I've already nerded up this post I'll share something I read today...a team of French scientists discovered a virus that infects other viruses. They're working on possibly developing virophages to attack some of the most harmful viruses. That's pretty cool since even the cold is a super bug these days. This also proves that viruses are living since they can get sick. I found it interesting and since I'm not sleeping thought I would share. Now I'll go put more tape on my glasses and polish my good pocket protector. :D

5 comments:

shahna said...

I love interesting factoids like that. I get funny looks from my fam all the time when I quote them too!

Lisa said...

Um... You probably watch the "dork" channel like my husband. lol

Kendra said...

Love it! You've piqued my interest...

Bethanne said...

Nerds are special too. :) I know, if I blogged on all the cool stuff that I find...oh wait, I do. So nerds of a feather, eh? When I tell Dan about the cool show on the Discovery Channel or National Geographic, etc., that I just watched...his response? "I'm sorry, I'm just not wired that way..." I get it from my dad!

honeyfam said...

you have a GOOD pocket protector? hehe. that's actually really interesting. and hey, fun for you- you just gave me my one thing learned for the day!

haiku