Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

It's arrived!! The first day of school!! Something I've looked forward to and dreaded at the same time. Ryan's so excited. He called all his grandparents last night to tell them all about how he's starting school and his Spiderman backpack.
Here he is getting ready to leave. He wouldn't stop talking long enough for me to get a decent picture. This is the best one...he looks terrified but believe me he was stoked!
Ryan with his new teacher. He's looking at his friend who'd just walked in the classroom.
Noah was pretty upset at being the one left behind.
So we treated him to his very own breakfast with mommy and daddy. He loved it!!
Once Noah calmed down, he realized that he could FINALLY do anything he wanted. He got to pick the movie every time and he got to pick the activity. Here he is coloring a picture to give to Ryan after school.
He ended up having so much fun that he fell asleep while waiting in the LOOOONG line to pick up Ryan.

And, I do mean long...I took a couple crappy pictures through my windows to show the madness.

The line of cars behind me. I'm so glad I got there 20 minutes early.
The line of cars in front of me.

Finally, the moment came and Ryan got into the car. Noah presented him with his picture and I asked him about his day.
Here's Ryan fresh from his new day of school checking out the bunnies Noah drew him.

I learned something new today....trying to get a 5 year old to tell you about his day is like......ummmm.....trying to get a 5 year old to tell you about pretty much every thing else. He was vague. I wanted to know every thing. Tell me about your friends (his best friend is in his class). Tell me about what you did and what you learned and what you played. "We went outside. I slapped a boy. I sat next to Kaden (his best friend) at lunch. We ran around." WHAT??? Who did you slap? Why did you slap him? Did you get in trouble? It turned out they were playing a slapping game that was immediately stopped by his awesome teacher. Oh boy!! I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe him getting in the car and giving me an exact play-by-play of his entire day....who he talked to what he learned. And I wasn't expecting to hear that he'd slapped someone on his first day. This is going to be interesting....

8 comments:

Amanda said...

aaahhh! I was waiting to see this post:) I almost cried b/c I can see P in the same position a year from now!

After the first week the car line is not so bad...you don't have to get there as early to get your same spot (speaking from a teacher's point of View...)

Krista said...

how cute!!!
he is getting so big...
you are such a good mom...i love coming to your blog for fun ideas!! :)

Bethanne said...

Omigosh I had to laugh at this post. I could feel your excitement and yet I could also feel your shock with the whole "slapping" story. Your boys are so very cute. :)

Info said...

This is just the first step in many away from Mom and Dad and into the Big Big World!

Kendra said...

I like how, "I slapped a boy..." is part of a list, like if he slipped it in there you wouldn't notice. He looks so cute, and grown up. Today was Ethan's first preschool day, I love school.

My name is Andrea said...

um, the information or lack thereof does not get better. I think you are lucky you got as much as you did. I get yes and nos, and I don't knows. You learn to ask very pointed questions. I love Baker!

the_sanchez_fam said...

Lucky you, I have 1 more year for Eden. We need to get together and play, especially now that Noah is left all alone:)

Amanda said...

I hope you are okay:) You haven't posted in a while:(

haiku