As you know, I've been planning out getting the Bob Barker treatment (as I call it in my head) and today was the day of the first step. It's something we've talked about and Jason wants to be the one to get a vasectomy instead. He says I've been through enough and wants to do this. I didn't want him to for my own closure and because the problems lie with me and I didn't want to be the reason he can't have anymore children. Then he reminded me that a vasectomy is reversible....oh yeah.
We've prayed about this and have come to the conclusion it's up to us, either way will work. I'm not someone who gives up once I've charted a course but this is new territory for me. I've also never been one to ask God why until dealing with my fertility and woman-ness. 3 years ago it felt like my identity as a woman was taken away. If Jason wants to be chivalrous and dive in front of the scalpel for me, who am I to tell him 'no'.
Plus the fact that I was put on the pill 2 weeks ago to get my hormones in order before having the procedure done doesn't help. They turn me into a crazy person. So everything that seemed so clear to me a few weeks ago doesn't make any sense right now. So one great thing about ending this debate and someone getting fixed is, I will have control over my mind and emotions again and not cry randomly over dishes and laundry.





7 comments:
dont' forget it way cheaper if jason does it too.
So sorry you have to make this decision at all. My pregnancies are awful, but not life threatening - just sanity threatening! I am saying a prayer for you and Jason!
everything will work out :D hang in there!
I'm glad you don't have to get the surgery. The Man Thing is much less evasive.
The man thing is also less $$$$! That is so sweet of him!
AWWWW! He must REALLY love u!
Your blog is so cute. How do you add music to your page?
i'm so glad that you don't have to have the surgery anymore and that you can go off birth control- it really does make people crazy. take me for example.... haha.
Post a Comment