Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stinky Update

So the smell is nothing in the house. At least nothing I can control. The best we can figure is something got into our attic and died and fell into the wall....so gross!! My bathroom is unusable due to the smell.

Here's what I've learned today:

most pest control companies don't do removal.

They refer you to animal control, which in turn doesn't answer it's phone or return messages.

When they do call it's to tell you to call pest control...they don't do removal.

Private removal companies cost $200 just to come to your house and then up from there depending on what they remove.

One of our neighbors most likely put down rat poison, which dehydrates and caused the dying rat to look for water....in my house.


It's so gross!! I feel disgusting!! I hate things in my house and this is making me feel like I'm a lousy housekeeper, which I know isn't true. My house isn't spotless but I clean it every day. I want to take a shower but the smell in my bathroom literally brings tears to my eyes so I'll figure out who's coming to fix this then shower in the kids bathroom as a reward. AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

HOW HORRID!!!!!!!! sorry:( that is why we use traps and not poison!

erikamgar said...

Give me a call. My father in law may be able to help you out. 916-475-3996. My number is a CA number but we're in your ward.

Erika

Brianne said...

Ugh. Sounds awful. We had a mouse get stuck under the hood of our car and died there, so I can definitely empathize with you on the horrible smell. It was a little easier to have removed though so good luck reclaiming your bathroom!

The A Team said...

we found a good handy man who will do it cheaply and early tomorrow morning.

Janie said...

you don't pay a dime! you rent CALL THE LANDLORD ASAP !

Info said...

I second Janie

shahna said...

Good point, Janie. That is so irritating, though.

The A Team said...

i did first thing yesterday morning....believe me i'm not paying one cent for this. i'm glad we haven't bought the house yet...

haiku