Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 18, 2008

How I spent my weekend

If you've been reading my blog, you know about the stinky situation we've had here. We had a handyman come out to help us hunt it down and he told us it was under our deck. We decided to take care of it ourselves since pulling up deck boards is fairly easy. I was sure it was in the wall but he insisted it was under the deck.
After pulling up the boards, we were no closer to finding and eliminating whatever it was that had been plaguing us all week. It was in the wall. It had to be. So this is how we spent our Friday night...

So until about 10:30pm we (meaning Jason...I was standing upwind. You can't imagine the smell and every board he removed it just got worse) pulled off the siding.
Then came the truly fun part. Looking in the insulation to find the dead whatever.

The conclusion...it was a rabbit that had somehow gotten up into our roof and fallen down inside the wall. Ami--1 Handyman--0

Also, I've been watching the Olympics since the women's gymnastics are my fave. Here's how the boys watch the Olympics with me.
Noah working on his vaults.
A team floor exercise.

On an awesome note, I started kickboxing again today. Something I haven't done since I got sick a few months back. I couldn't do my full 30 minutes...not even close but it felt great to be doing it again and I know I'll get back to where I was in April.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

glad you finally found it and got rid of it-- to bad it wasn't so easy to get rid of :(

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Wow! I am so glad you (and by you I mean Jason) lol found the smell. :)

Janie said...

I am glad you have found it but I do I need to come give you some assertive lessons - that still totally falls under something your landlord should be handling not you guys! - You're too nice! - See this is how it works - they get the equity but they also have to do the fun stuff like get dead animals out of the walls!

The A Team said...

he's in seattle. we were doing it on his part and he's paying for the whole thing.

haiku