"The capacity to love and be loved is now viewed as an innate, species-typical tendency that has powerful effects on psychological and physical health from infancy through old age. It has also been established that this capacity can be affected in deep and lasting ways by early relationship experience” Peterson and Seligman. What all the articles and quotes I found talked about was how to nurture love and how love can shift as your relationships with those around you change but nothing was ever said that we have a limit for love. I was just wondering what other people thought about this.
Naturally, talking about love gets me thinking about these two kids. They will always be my boys and my only biological kids. But that doesn't mean they'll be my only children. No matter how many children we add to our family, it won't change how I feel about these two and the children joining our family will never feel like they're getting a smaller piece of the "pie". The way I see it, we may not physically carry all our our children but that doesn't mean they're not family.Blood only goes so far, but unconditional love goes the distance. After this life, no one will care who's related to whom and where your family came from, the only thing that will matter is how you treated those around you. Whether it was with love or not. We're told to even love our enemies. If we really had a limit for love, the Lord would never tell us to waste on those who've slighted us.
Okay, I'm going to climb off my pedestal now, everyone can see up my skirt. :)





2 comments:
haha, i enjoyed the view! ;)
but seriously, i totally agree. "love one another" doesn't have exceptions. that's supposed to be the only feeling we have towards one another, so how could we possibly run out? that's just a bunch of hooey!
I think that love can become exhausting if used incorrectly or selfishly. That's what these women calling in sounded like. The Lord gave us the ability to love unconditionally, the challenge is learning how to do that.
Post a Comment