Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 10, 2008

Here we go again...

This morning my two year old said, "Uh,oh!" and started running towards the bathroom. I ran with him but by the time we got there, it was a little too late. This is the first indication of interest in the potty so I guess it's time to potty train, again...
It's not that I don't enjoy having a potty trained child, once they're independent, it's awesome. It's getting there that's the hard part. The stopping at every gas station, grocery store and office potty you pass just to sit there and wait for them to do their thing. 9 times out of 10 you stand there and they announce that they in fact do not need to go after all. That's the part I'm not really looking forward to again. But, since he's the one who brought it up, hopefully he'll be easier to potty train than my oldest. Ryan told me he didn't want to go on the big potty and even with as much coercion and bribery we could muster, he still got his way. One day when he was 3 1/2 he came into the living room and told me, "Mommy, I don't want to wear diapers anymore, I'm ready to be a big boy." That was that. He never wore diapers again, day or night.
What will I do with all the time I'll have once I don't change any diapers anymore? Hmmmm. Maybe I'll start a band.

3 comments:

Kiki said...

that sounds like a great idea...I wonder if I'll ever be able to join your band.

honeyfam said...

i'll be a guitarist for you- i finally busted mine out the other day for the first time in about 3 years. i'm so lame. i really do hope you have an easier time with noah than you did with ryan- i still remember the FUNNIEST phone conversation i have ever had with him. "guess what aunt april!" "what ryan?!" "i got a fish for going on the big boy potty 10 times!" "really?!" "yeah! but then dad got mad because i pooped on the living room floor..." i cried i laughed so hard! :D

Kendra said...

I'll play the drums. I've always wanted to be the girl in a band who plays the drums.

PS I don't know how to play the drums.

haiku