It's about time we got on the web and attempted to stay in touch with all the people we're too busy to call.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Whew!!
Ok, back to the routine. Back to normal life. Get up at 6:45, make breakfast and get boys out the door. Car is iced over. Good thing I'm running a little early. Forgot my gloves, oh well. Chip ice off windshield (as much as I can reach) and side windows with old Ikea gift card with only 50 cents left on it. Make it to the light, car dies. It starts back up and make it to the school. The temperature has dropped 2 degrees since leaving the house and it's now 30 degrees and raining...not cool. I have a long(ish) drive home from the school on a slick road with a 60 mph speed limit. Make it home, feed the other boy and myself and call my mom. My sister's in the emergency room, they think it's kidney stones. OUCH!! Let me know what I can do and keep me posted. My cousin calls, she is coming to visit one of these weekends but isn't really sure which one, she'll tell me when she gets the time off...and did I know Jenni was in the hospital. Put away Christmas, carefully wrap all the ornaments and put them in their own boxes. Think about doing the dishes while making Noah a snack, leave kitchen. Start laundry, screen a movie for Ryan to watch after school and deem it cute and not too scary. Finish registering for classes, the online options not working, call school, leave message. Think about those dishes. Do more laundry, work on a stubborn stain on Noah's new shirt. Eat a snack, it's healthy...remember your diet and look at the Christmas cookies with longing on the counter...throw the bag away. Hummus it is. I'm tired, maybe a short nap would be ok, nope Noah wants milk and the rest of Christmas still needs to be put away. It's only 11 and I'm tired. I sure miss sleeping in until 8:30. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Holy cow. All that by 11:30?! Hmmmm, how to distract Noah so that you can squeeze that nap in...Don't push yourself too hard!
And eat the dang cookie...you can burn it off later. :)
Oh my gosh...your will power knows no limits.. hummus over a cookie? WOW I am a amazed.
I feel ya sister......sometimes at 11 am it feels like 11 pm for me! It seems like we can do a million things an hour...but never finish everything!@ Glad you made it home safe and sound!
Post a Comment