Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 28, 2008

Boyisms

I totally lucked out and ended up living with the funniest boys around. They crack me up all the time and even when they're getting in trouble, in the back of my mind I'm marvelling at the crafty ways they're finding around the rules. I thought I'd share a few funny quotes and antics from these clever little monkeys.

**This morning Ryan prayed that mommy would always remember to feed them every day. (I swear, I've never missed a day.) :D

**Ryan told me that monkeys were the king of the jungle. When I told him it was the lion who was the king, he made a punching motion to his side and said, "Now monkeys are." funny

**Noah started answering my questions with, "Whatever, mommy." followed by a big sigh.

**Noah has also started telling his brother, "Duh." when he's trying to show Ryan something. It's pretty funny to see my little 2 year old telling my big 5 year old something and adding duh for emphasis.

**The big joke in our house right now is, "Look over there!! Hahaha" I don't know who started it, most likely daddy but the boys do it to each other all day and it always kills.

**The other big joke is "Pull my finger." and I know exactly where that one came from...thanks a lot Jason!!

**Right now they're building an army of animals. I don't know what they're going to do with it but I'm sure it'll be tons of fun and funny to watch.

**They are great at cleaning up after themselves. I usually tell them once and their room, the toy room and my living room is picked up. Honestly I don't know how it happened, I just hope it sticks around for the next 20 years or so.

**Sometimes when Ryan tries to hug his brother, Noah will tell him, "Not right now, Ryan. You can hug me in a minute."

**Ryan tells me, "I actually love you, mommy." I love when he phrases it that way, like despite everything, he actually loves me.

**Ryan will sigh at Jason and I and tell us we're, "wearing him out".

**The first thing Noah does every morning is ask for, "milk with chocolate and strawberry mixed together. Not juice, mommy, milk please."

**Ryan loves to show us his "moves". He break dances and shimmys around and then starts showing us his kung fu moves while singing a song he made up. It's very entertaining.

**Noah hops everywhere. He hops almost as much as he walks and sometimes he'll walk a few steps, hop and then walk a little more.

They just crack me up. And right now I need all the cracking up I can get since my house is torn up right now for painting and I'm living in chaos.

2 comments:

shahna said...

hey we went private so email me if you want an invite to view us from here on out. shahnaargyle@hotmail.com

can't wait for lunch,,,snappy salads here we come!

Bethanne said...

I could totally see the boys making those comments. I was laughing the whole way down!

Good luck on the painting! :)

haiku