It's about time we got on the web and attempted to stay in touch with all the people we're too busy to call.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
And Crowd Goes Wild...
As you may know, we LOVE science experiments in this house. Yesterday Ryan was asking for an experiment. I was racking my brain because a few that I've found and have been wanting to do involve going outside and it's just so hot I don't wanna....So I started thinking. What can I do to entertain a 5 and 2 year old without leaving my house? I went to the pantry and started pulling stuff out and settled on vegetable oil. I filled a glass halfway with water and put some oil in it to show the boys the cool effect of the oil sitting on top of the water and then topped it off by adding some dish soap which sunk to the bottom of the glass. It looked pretty cool and they thought it was pretty neat. Then we did it again with hot water to see the difference and then again with ice water. Then we topped it off with a little baking soda and vinegar finale. The boys had a blast and learned about chemical reactions and how temperature can affect it and I didn't have to leave my kitchen (win win).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Wow! your a way cooler mom than me! lol
I was thinking the same thing as Lisa... what a cool mom! You always have fun ideas so thanks for sharing!
Cool, we are so doing that.
Post a Comment