It's about time we got on the web and attempted to stay in touch with all the people we're too busy to call.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
$45 To Feel Stupid
So here's what happened....
Yesterday I'm out with a friend and we decide to go to Home Depot for oops paint and wood and I notice the car's acting funny. It's making strange noises and is hard to turn. Obviously something was up with the power steering so I call my good 'ol car guy and hook up an appointment for this morning.
After dropping Ryan off at school, I pull up to my friend's house so she can follow me but she waves me in and says she's not ready yet. So I stop the car and put on the emergency brake. Then the keys won't come out. I fight with it, jiggle the wheel and try to start it again and it won't start. After about 10 minutes I decide to just go in since it's starting to get hot. I called Jason and explained the situation and we decide to just call a tow truck to get the car the the repair shop.
The tow truck driver shows up and I explain the strange situation. He gets in the car and says, "Will you give me $20 if I can get your keys out right now?" I agree and he tells me, "It's in drive." Shoot me now! Seriously, I've never felt more stupid in my entire life! So, it was $25 for him to come out and an extra $20 for getting my keys out right then. It's better then the $75 to drive it to the repair shop but still.
And, as a bonus I did take it to the repair shop and the entire power steering column needs to be replaced (for almost $800..ouch). It's a result of the lovely accident last week so guess who's paying for it (hint: not me).
I don't think I could love these boys any more. They are the best part of me. I always saying being around them raises my stock value but honestly, I can't imagine life without these wonderful boys.
I'm aware that this post is a bit scattered but I just can't vent and leave it. I have to end on a positive note, so there you go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Glad you don't have to pay the $800!!!!! I think that sounds like a great sick day:) hAving the keys in there and not in park sounds like something I would do! OUCH!
So sorry about the car thing...but, girl, it sounds like something I would do and not you! :)
Your boys are studs! And, hey, we have the same tents! Fun!
Post a Comment