I'm not usually one who will jump into a political debate but this election is really getting my hackles up. I just finished this last debate and want some answers. This is addressed to both candidates:
Dear O and M,
Please stop talking to Joe and tell ME something I can use. How much is voting for you going to cost me? How much time are you going to spend putting together policies that make you look good but hurt us in the long run? When everything hits the fan in 4-6 years, what will our taxes look like? Our health care? Our businesses and our foreign image? How will you improve our schools? Vouchers? Where will the money come from? $5000 sounds nice, where is that money coming from? If I have a federal health care plan will it be like going to the post office every time I visit my doctor? How will you improve our debt while implementing changes in energy, health care, free trade and education? Sorry, it seems a little too good to be true, both of you.
I don't want to know about each candidates personal flaws...I want to know what you can do for myself and my family. Who your opponent surrounds himself with is an issue but so is what they'll veto, who they'll pardon and what bills they'll put through. I'm sick and tired of the negativity on both sides and want both candidates to lay it all out...not pander and namedrop but speak truthfully. If you think you can do that, you have my vote.
Sincerely,
An American Voter
P.S. Please stop making smug expressions at the camera while your opponent is speaking. It's distracting (which I'm sure is partially your point) and makes you look bad.





1 comment:
Tell it like it is sister! I'm so not sure who I'm voting for. And I'm SO sick of the debates. They have given me NOTHING to go on! I'm very annoyed and frustrated. I really don't know who I'm voting for.
Post a Comment