Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 16, 2008

Pity Party...Wanna come?

Well, life's thrown us another curve-ball. I've been feeling not so good overall and this past week it went to full-on pain. Last night I ended up in the emergency room with acute abdominal pain. The word appendicitis was thrown around and tests were run. Jason and I were bracing ourselves for unexpected surgery and me being out of commission for a few days when the tests results came back....normal. This was very good news but why am I in so much pain? No answer but a list of pain killers to ease this unexplained pain. Ummmm, thanks? I have a sonogram on Monday to see if I have cysts and a closer look at what the heck's going on but until then, we're in the dark.

So my mood's been a little dark today and just feeling sorry for myself and why did this have to happen...blah blah blah, when I get a phone call from my dear friend Stacey....

The phone call was simple, "Is your address 9_ _4?" "Yes." I answered. "Okay, I'm outside, we're coming in."

By the time I threw on some clothes and picked up a few things, she was knocking on the door....no time to make up an excuse (which, of course I would have) or greet her politely at the door and make small talk and walk her back out to her car. She was in my house with 3 bags and proceeded to head to the kitchen to make lunch for all of us (my family and her two boys). I was shocked and asked her why she was doing this, she just said she was in the neighborhood (yeah right, she lives in Allen about 35 minutes away).


So, I guess my pity party will have to be postponed for another day, good thing I didn't have too many invitations printed. Every time I get ready to have a really great bash, I reminded that things aren't so bad and I'm truly loved. My family & friends are so amazing and I'm so grateful to have all of you in my life!!


4 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Oh, Ami, so sorry you are not feeling good...I hope all is well and will keep you in my prayers! Thank goodness for friends who listen to the spirit!

Amanda said...

What a WONDERFUL FRIEND!!!!!! I hope all turns out okay:)

shahna said...

Here is the good news, though. You don't have to undergo emergency surgery for appendicitis, you got to spend some time off your feet for a little while (I know you are a busy mom), you know you are loved! I love you too!

Brooke said...

I was wondering where you guys were yesterday. . . I hope you can find out what is going on!!! Let me know if you need anything.

haiku