Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Nemesis

I've been working on the same sampler for 5 years. Of course, I've taken breaks to have kids and take care of my family and work but always came back to it. The blocks and stuff are fairly easy but the castle and the people are very difficult. Since I've been sewing most of my life, I wanted a tougher challenge then most patterns. This one is definitely it...the grid is hand drawn and the codes don't match what's on the grid so it's like doing a puzzle with incorrect pieces....at least my brain is working, right? Here's what I've done so far...
I'm doing everything I can to avoid doing the last 3 people. I pulled it out of a box this weekend and started working on it and have moved my ring 2 times since Friday. Just thought I'd share my frustration


Here are the completed people. Even though they're full of mistakes, they look all right.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks good to me! I have NO idea how to sew or I would offer to help. lol BTW - Eric thinks you have the best music on your site. :)

Chrystalee said...

I thought you were moving a bracelet?!?!?! Is the ring the same idea? The people look great to me. You're more dedicated than I would be! : )

The A Team said...

chrystalee, i was moving the ring holding my sewing. no, i'm not doing the bracelet thing right now. i need to start again but....

Kendra said...

My mother-in -law has a sampler she has been working on for about 30 years now... She started it before she had kids too.
Good luck finishing in less than 30 years (kids will do that to you!)
By the way it is beautiful, complicated, and very impressive.

honeyfam said...

that is so cool that you can do that! i am immensely impressed.

haiku