Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Purdue or Not Purdue...?

Right now we're at a crossroads. Jason is dissatisfied with his job, our landlord is filing for bankrupcy and losing the house we're living in and I'm nearing the end of my program at the local community college. There's a lot of endings and no new beginnings in sight so far. The program I'm going into after finishing at the community college is a rare one and is only at a couple of schools in America. One is in Memphis and one is in Indianapolis (Purdue). The Prudue program is better but for both the out of state tuition will kill us so it's a dream...right? I've been researching that since the programs are online and there's technically no location admission boards can waive the OOS fees if the applicant is desirable enough (I have a 3.9). So, that's the goal right now. Hit all the pre reqs and try to get approved for the program then work on the costs.
We will be moving in the next few months but still have no idea where we're heading. Jason has been looking for a new job but really doesn't want to keep doing the same thing in a different location so he may be heading back to school as well. Fun, fun, fun.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Wow. Talk about a fork in the road. It'll work out- and Indiana is a really awesome place to live. (Usually there are in-state tuition scholarships)

haiku