Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break Fun!!

This week was spring break! We had so much fun having Ryan home from school.



We spent the first day of spring break visiting nana and papa in their new place. It's still a little strange to go drive so far to their new place, since they lived just down the road for as long as we've been here but it makes it more of a destination now when we go.


We went out to dinner with them and had a great time!!

The rest of the week we hung around our house. Tuesday we played at Amy's house. On Wednesday we had some friends come over and we had a great time making cookies with them and playing games. Thursday we went exploring downtown.

There are tons of great little shops downtown. Here's the boys in a gourmet popcorn shop. It has all the old candy that I remember from my childhood too (a.k.a. pop rocks).

I had to take these pictures of the boys while we were driving to meet daddy at work. They had just gotten their animal magazines in the mail (the highlight of their month) and were reading as I drove along. How cute are they?

I tried to be sneaky about taking the picture and caught Ryan but Noah's a little ham and he caught me trying to be sneaky.

To end the week with a bang, we went to Toy's R Us. They had gotten a $100 gift card from Jason's grandma for Christmas and we decided to save it since they had so much going on around that time and more toys would get lost in the mix. So I took them to pick out a toy each.
Here's Noah with his new "loud toy" car. It plays music and does some pretty cool tricks. He's played with it nonstop ever since Friday.
Ryan picked out a new dart gun. He wanted to show me his new dart beard. So cute! After I took this picture, Ryan wanted to see it and laughed and said he "looks just like Abraham Lincoln" because of the beard. That kid cracks me up!

Ryan's toy leads to our family's Saturday night activity....a family dart gun war.
I like how you can see the darts flying towards Ryan in this picture. He's out of darts and just running right now.

Ryan quickly reloading while hiding out.
Daddy on the offensive and shooting the defenseless camera-lady.

Oh yeah, I'm one of those moms of boys who dresses them alike as often as she can. I can't help it, they're so cute and I will do it all long as they'll let me. This is what they wore to church this morning but this is what it looks like after a day of playing together and an afternoon nap.


In between the fun, I cleaned out my entire bedroom and did all of my backed up laundry and started making my sewing area a little more organized. I'm on a huge cleaning spree right now since my parents arrive in about 20 hours or so. I have so much more cleaning to do and need to make a trip to Ikea and Hobby Lobby for a couple things to help in my organizing. I'm a little stressed out. Tomorrow is Ryan's big appointment. He's having his initial check-up to determine how soon they have to remove his tonsils. His operation was moved. It's a good thing so we were able to have all that spring break fun but now it's fast approaching. And, just to add to the fun, I start a new class tomorrow. Whew!! It's just a little 1 credit hour class and it's self paced so I'm going to try to get through it in the next two weeks so it's done.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks fun! I need one of those dart guns! :)

Tammy said...

Have fun with your parents

pamela ♥ bonita said...

ryan looks so big, it feels like it's been forever since i've seen you guys.

have fun with nanatonio :)


- pamela.

haiku