I've been out of sorts lately and decided to post a quick update on life in our household. Noah had a fever that hovered around 102 for 2 days. We'd break it and 4 hours later it would come roaring back. So we did the motrin and acetaminophen dance. He's doing great now but Ryan's not feeling too hot so we're suspecting a virus. I'm washing my hands like a crazy woman and steralizing everything they use so Jason and I can stay healthy, it's no fun taking care of sick kids and even worse when you're sick too.

Noah resting and recovering.
Then around 4am this morning we're woken up by the tornado sirens so we troop into the boy's bathroom and wait until the sirens stop and then turn on the news to see what was hitting us. Our little neighborhood was right in the middle of bright red and yellow on the radar. I got a feeling to look outside and during lightening flashes I saw that our fence was down and in the neighbor's yard. The pole had snapped in half and the fence had gone right over so today we're dealing with insurance companies and everything involved with getting that fence back up as soon as possible.

The fence laying down in Bob's yard. Of course it went down in the nicest yard that borders ours so the camparison is pretty funny. His is nice and neat and our side looks like a weed jungle.

This is the snapped pole.
5 comments:
I don't know who is going to make an insurance claim, your landlords or the neighbors but I would strongly, strongly recommend against it. We made a small claim once and it raised our rates for YEARS - homeowners insurance is one of those funny things you should have but never, never use. Unless the entire house is swept away we do the work ourselves. You'll pay about 200% more in the long run through insurance. Oh and if its allstate, they will pay the claim and drop you like a ton of bricks later. They have done that to two of my friends. - Sorry to rant but its obviously one of my issues. Kyle and the neighbor fixed our fence when it looked the exact same way, not to expensive or hard either.
Of course I didn't hear a thing. Last time the sirens went off it was so faint I could barely hear it. . . Good thing nothing too serious happened!
Hope you guys feel better soon!
David was sleeping through everything and I had to wake him up when it sounded like aliens were landing in our backyard. Then, the storm was so loud that we weren't sure if the sirens were going off, or if it was the crazy wind. I agree with Janie - I would hold off on making any sort of homeowners claim. There are a lot of neighbors whose fences have had to be replaced and usually the two neighbors just split the cost of the replacement and go to Home Depot to get the planks to repair it with. Hope the boys get to feeling better soon...
we are battling strep throat here at my house. oh joy. i am hoping i don't get it. luv the ingrid michealson music - i have this cd. it is so good!
yikes! Double wammies!
Post a Comment