Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, June 6, 2011

Easter And Beyond

I know it's been forever! I apologize to the 3 people who actually still read our blog. :D There was a mad rush of events the last few months. Contrary to my previous post, I didn't get out of school until May 22nd. I'm so glad this semester is over and that I passed my classes with high enough grades to maintain honor roll. It was touch and go for awhile.



I'm going to just hit the highlights of the events surrounding Easter. The Saturday before Easter, Ryan was baptized. It was so beautiful and we were so happy that his grandparents and other family members as well as dear friends could attend this special event. Easter was a big family to-do, as it always tends to be. In the midst of the partying, we blessed Charlotte since it was the first time since she was born that the grandfathers and uncles were all in one place.


Easter with the family:






We had some drama the night before Easter as well. Our house was struck by lightning. It was a strange thing. Jason and I and my parents and my brother and his girlfriend were all playing a game at the table. We were watching a basketball game and all of a sudden there was a flash outside and a loud pop inside like a gun had gone off. A strong burning smell followed and all 6 adults scattered looking for the source. The t.v. had turned off and we didn't think anything of it at first, until it wouldn't turn back on. We tried dvd's and that didn't work. The next morning more damage was revealed. The fridge was off and the a/c didn't seem to be working properly. The final toll, a month later was close to $2000 in electrical damage. We had to replace our router, dvd player and network card. The a/c unit needed a new circuit board, a few relays and fuses that were blown. The fridge outlet was burned out and our cable company had to visit several times to replace the cable box once and the modem twice. Whew! The drama just ended last week.

No comments:

haiku