Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 6, 2009

What's your Favorite Joke?

Ryan: The one's I make up are the funniest.

Noah: Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Chicken nugget tree. (HaHaHa!!)

Jason: 3 guys are in prison, and are planning to escape by climbing a tree and going over the wall. They plan it and when the time is right, they give it a try. The first guy goes out and up the tree, when a guard walks by. He looks up in the tree, but it's too dark to see anything. So, he calls out, "Who's there?" The inmate, thinking fast, makes a quiet bird call, and the guard thinks it's a bird and goes on his way. The second inmate then makes a break for it, and gets up the tree when the guard comes around again, and calls out, "Who's there?" This guy is quick too, and makes little squirrel noises, and the guard goes on his way again. Now, it's the last inmate's turn. He scrambles up the tree, and just before he can jump over, the guard comes by again, and calls out, "Who's there?" "Gary", the inmate replies without thinking, and they all get busted.


Ami: Q: Where do you find a turtle with no legs?

A: Right where you left it.


Lately, I've been so stressed and overwhelmed. So much is going on right now and it's beginning to really get to me. I'm finding that this is making me gravitate towards silliness. One thing that has always stuck with me from my childhood is being able to laugh in any situation. Right now we're having problems with the school and Ryan (again). I feel like I have to fight so hard just for them to give a little bit. We're in a great school district but they don't seem to have a structured GT program and my son is suffering because of this. He's reading at a 4th grade level in 1st grade. This is awesome but he's so bored, he's messing with other kids and this leads to little fights. The teachers are reacting to the fights and he's going to the office every other day and I'm getting phone calls home. I really am at a loss at what to do. We reinforce the right way to react to certain situations at home but it's starting to make me feel that I've failed him in some way.

This with the fact that Noah needs surgery and I need to start preparing myself for the road ahead. Add school and the 2 papers that are due this week and I'm about to burst.

3 comments:

Janie said...

They finally have a structured awesome, pull out GT program this year. Ella loves it and is finally blossoming at school.
The director is Deborah Saatoff - she has tons of experience - Has Ryan been tested? They are working with first graders and I believe even kinders.
That and Magic 123 is a great discipline system.

other than that I hope your stress bubble doesn't burst and that things calm soon for you!

The A Team said...

ryan's test is in dec. in the meantime he's having trouble. after lots of talking and asking questions i think we've figured out the source of his disgruntled-ness (not a word..?) and will be fixing it on monday.

Kendra said...

UGH! I'm so sorry! Ethan's been in a lot of trouble too. He just can't keep himself to himself. I think he's a bit bored as well... Let me know if what you end up doing works, I could use some help. Don't you just hate when others don't see the amazing potential in your kids like you do?! Hope all goes well with the papers and the surgery!

PS
Q: What goes: Ho, Ho, Ho thud?
A: Santa laughing his head off!

haiku