Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baby Charlotte





Charlotte Elise joined our family last week on 5-5-10. I was 40 weeks and 2 days and very ready to have her. Due to past complications, I had a scheduled c-section. Like my deliveries before, the epidural didn't work. The head of anesthesia and another nurse tried but for some weird fluke of nature, my back has a twist of nerves right at the epidural spot. So, we opted for a light general. I was asleep for only an hour and got my tubes tied during the surgery. My recovery went very well and I was able to come home after only 3 days. I'm 6 days out now and feel better every day.

She had to meet all of the local family and even made new friends.


Ryan and Noah adore their new sister. They want to hold her all the time and love taking turns getting her pacifier. Grandma Bonnie is in town to meet another great grand baby.
Lila wasn't very interested in the baby but had fun playing with the boys.
Nana Aaron came to visit the day she was born and she didn't want to put down sweet Charlotte.
She came back a few days later when my father in law came back to town and they had more face time with our new princess.


Jenni came Friday night and not only spent time with Noah and the baby but we also had a rare chance for some sister time and watched a couple chick flicks.
I got along so well with my nursery nurse, Karen that we're staying in touch. She was tons of fun and the boys even got her to play hopscotch in my hospital room.
Since coming home, Charlotte has been a wonderful addition to our family. She's very sweet and hasn't cried much, she'd much rather watch her brothers play then cry.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

CONGRATS AMI!!!!! I love her name and she is precious! I am so glad you are both doing well:) How wonderful!!!

LaFish said...

Such a cutie! Glad everything went well and she is here safe and sound. We're right around the corner, so let us know if you need anything.

Brianne said...

Congrats! She's so cute... love those cheeks. Glad to hear you're both doing well and that her big brothers are taking such good care of her. Enjoy all those snuggles!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo beautiful! Congrats!!! Now I REALLY have to get your gift over to you! lol

Bethanne said...

YEA! SO beautiful and glad that recover has been going well! The pic. of the boys with her is precious. FUN! Let me know if you need anything...

Brooke said...

Cutie cutie! So what's the story with you back in the ER? Gonna be honest, I was kind of hoping they could tie my tubes when I ended up in the hospital, but kind of forgot about it once they got their hands up inside of me :)

haiku